Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Monday Mar. 6, 2006 - Year 3, Day 349– Freedom 54

-9C/16F, clear & calm & refreshing; short walk on treacherous path, icy from yesterday’s afternoon melt

Gusta had a great birthday yesterday – marked by howling coyotes & bats flying last night, too many ‘treats’ & way too much attention from Carla [she came for veggie gumbo & to watch the academy awards] – hyper dog slept very well; now that she is a year I have no illusions of more mature attitude/behaviour . .

some mornings, Monday’s especially when a late Sunday night has drifted into early morning, when the last ‘send’ button has been clicked on my weekly newsletter – I like to sit for a half hour, gazing out at the morning sky . . looking across the street, looking into the future . . making sense of some things, confused by others

my mix of foggy & coffee sometimes leads to extraordinary day dreams, sometimes just an appreciation of the simplicity of nature, the wisdom in it

other times, I want to race out & join the circus . .

maybe I have already; some travel, some clowning, some animals to tame, big tents & small tents & small towns & adventure

I have it ALL right here, right now; that advertising slogan ‘Freedom 55’, designed to focus investors on early retirement makes me laugh – the more I play at my work, work at my play it is clear to me that Freedom 54 is my anti-retirement - - it’s just one long dash

speaking of dashing . . . . gotta go meet DB’s flight . .

Mark
342,392

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?