Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

March 28 Responses

I know that you will get others calling you on your spelling of "dessert" as "desert". Personally I don't want to taste the desert - pretty gritty. Hugs, AW, Calgary
. . .
Good morning. Promises, intentions, expectations... So hard to know when to let go of those in the hopes of something better elsewhere. I've grown so much in the way of following intuition and 'gut' feelings as it were - and yet so often the head continues to muddle things up. It seems so selfish to do what (might be) best for me when it affects so many other people. L.S., Calgary
. . .
I truly appreciate the time, thought and care that you take to put together your daily musings ~ they've kept me entertained and enlightened about the life of another Calgarian for a few months, though sometimes not daily (time being of the essence and all that stuff). Time is getting even more precious for me, my two small children and my growing home based business (talk about trying to find a balance), so Iplease be so kind as to remove me from your mailing list.................thanks, good luck and God Bless! SS/Calgary
. . .
Re: to reverse reality - Mar. 25 - Mark, I love what you said about your Dad and the grief over the loss of our Mom. You really said it - and I remember experiencing what you came up with at the time my Mother died. It was sad, of course, but therewas this sense of acceptance also, that she was what she was and our relationship had been what it was; I no longer had that sense of longing for something that wasn't and would never be. That longing was so much a part of my history with her, and now that part was over ~ and it was strangely comforting. Thanks for sharing ~ LBK, Palm Desert
. . .
Mark, I am a new reader of your musings. My name was added a week or so ago, by person(s) unknown. I am impressed with what I have read so far, including the responses from various readers/friends. Please keep on "musing" and sharing. In my mind, Maui is the right choice, to be certain! I think of it as a piece of Heaven that fell down to earth, to show us just how great life can be. Don't miss a sunrise at the top of Haleakala. As a visitor to Ka'anapali several times, I recall the sort of golf courses that make a golfer's mouth water. Wailea, if that is where you are staying, has a number of top-notch courses. And, if a low-scoring round evades you, the scenery is always a true vision of beauty. Enjoy!, John Norquay [editor’s note: I asked John if we was related to the mountain ..here is his reply] Yes, the man that the mountain in Banff was named after was an ancestor of mine, one John Norquay, the first native-born Premier of the Province of Manitoba (from 1878 - 1887). I was born and raised in Winnipeg, and now live in Newmarket (30 km north of Toronto) and I work in downtown Toronto, JN, Newmarket, Ontario

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?