Friday, March 24, 2006

 

March 24 Responses

I have read your musing for only a few months but the effects seems to infuse your readership with hope, happiness and thought. So I send this to you as a small gift. The story is very real (and you may have seen it already). The reason for sending this to you is that it fills me with "positiveness" and peace similar to what I get from your daily musings, so I wanted to share. have a great week-end and enjoy this clip. http://snipurl.com/nild Ignite the fire in others,for at the end of the day,it is people, not strategies,that change the world. , SZ, Calgary
. . .
When my Mom died after 38 years of happy marriage to my Dad he made his wedding ring into a cross that he proudly wore on the lapel of his jacket. This created space for my step Mom and yet served to remind him of the special relationship that he had with the mother of his children. An interesting side note - Dad never took the ring off his finger after Mom put it on (in fact the jeweler cut it off) and I am out to beat that record; mine's been on for 31 years., SR, Calgary
. . .
Thanks ME for reminding me of Alabama. It has been a few years since I did 'The Trail' myself. I played 5 of the 10 courses and for all you golf nuts out there, there is a total of 432 holes to play. Beautiful courses and the southern hospitality is fantastic. I sent a group of guys there and I expect they are still talking the courses they played; Grand National (Augusta), Magnolia Grove (Mobile) and Oxmoor Valley (Birmingham) and I will never forget about Wally the gator on one of the holes at Grand National. It definetly should be at the top of anybody's golf destination list.CCC, Calgary
. . .
Tomorrow would be my 6th wedding anniversary. I suspect those kinds of dates don't hold a lot of interest for you. Too bad. I am a very sentimental person, and remember all kinds of things. For me, this is huge. So where am I after 6 years? Good question. I think I am mostly healed after nursing the love of my life while he deteriorated and died. I think I am coming to grips with being and living single when I don't want to. I think I am ready for someone else to come into my life. But not on the same terms........the last one did. I can only do one more, I think, in my life. I think if I give myself one more time, that will be all that is left of me. I realize this is not the usual intellectual writings you get, wellllll I am on your email list for a reason. And yes, try the golf on the Robert Trent Jones (RTJ) Golf Trail. So much fun, very well organized. Details, call me., BE, Portland

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?