Friday, March 10, 2006

 

Friday Mar. 10, 2006 - Year 3, Day 354 – win/win

-9C/16F, sunshine & refreshing, light snow tops 3 days of freeze-thaw results, bizarre walking or is that ice climbing? & Gusta slipped her halty again – she’s one smart blonde

figuring out alternatives that work where 2 or more parties can get something done is every day practice for me in my work life . . . sometimes described as client enforced chaos, so doing that in my personal life is not so tough, except I instinctively revert to my love of routine, like Linus to his security blanket

someone suggested compromise to me; 20 years ago that would have been something I would really buy into as a win/win strategy

my view turned 180 degrees

being accommodating & negotiating is quite a different matter, but compromising who I am, compromising my needs, wants & ambitions – when I’ve done that – has proven to be a destructive element for me

uncompromising/happy = win/win

Mark
342,296
REPLIES WITH COMMENTS IS ENCOURAGE, ALWAYS WELCOME & ALMOST ALWAYS PUBLISHED

Comments:
RE Win/Win

I agree! If a compromise leaves you feeling compromised, then it certainly isn't a win/win.

If it's possible to find an alternative solution that truly IS a win/win, then it's valuable.

I have quite often used the word Compromise, but I think I like Alternative Solution better.

Thanks, Mark, for the great thoughts today.

Warmly,

Velma
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?