Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

Tuesday Feb. 28, 2006 - Year 3, Day 344 - drilling deeper

-8C /19F, overcast with a big snow-dump predicted; Gusta has no difficulty navigating through the snow/ice mess out there, while owner treads cautiously

‘ In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit’ – Albert Schweitzer

my fire re-kindling seems ongoing . . I feel like singing Jose Feliciano songs

new connections, old connections & unexpected connections generate heat, cold . . or sometimes nothing at all, but more often lately, I am alert to those moments when the choice to engage in a chat, ask another question, drilling deeper to know someone

my 2nd trip to the gym yesterday as hordes of sweaty people are oblivious to my poor shape; I’m really enjoying the steam room

to SM, I’ve read conflicting reports on whether Einstein has Asperger Syndrome as the science in that area developed mostly after he was gone so suspicions that he & Newton had it are just suspicions – I prefer to believe he was just eccentric, brilliant eccentric enigma

it is Pancake Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras Day & beginning of Lent for those who wish to give up things for 40 days – it seems the folks in New Orleans have not lost their spirit in face of the world letting them down in so many ways

my fax machine & workday beckon . .

Mark
342,536

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?