Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

Tuesday Feb. 14, 2006 - Year 3, Day 330 - HM day

-8C/18F; a chill returns to remind us what season we are in . . lest we be thinking spring too soon; a short romp this morning left Gusta confused but she’ll walk more later when we drive to Banff & Canmore later this morning

to BE in Portland, happy birthday !

this HM . . ‘Hallmark Moment’ hype day of joy for florists, hectic scheduling for restaurateurs & some frustration for the love lorn; what does this day mean to you & why is it so important ?

I would be interested in LOTS of feedback

for many, in relationship or not, is a day of no consequence – for others it is everything; for some it is a day of guilt & reward reaping, for many more it is a sweet sweet day

I have no significant other at the moment; but as has been the case for many years I can easily say I have much love in my life, many VERY significant people in my life – current, past & future – each of whom enriches me in a loving way . . I hope they feel it too

I found hundreds upon hundreds of quotes & couplets & wise words that are easy to identify with, aspire to & pine over . . . but I chose these for today:

“To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.”
- Bertrand Russell

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
- Judy Garland

Bertrand & Judy are not best known for being great lovers, but if measured by one’s words of wisdom, they surely should have been

for me it is a day filled with many memories & little regret – perhaps if I tended the roses better things would be different, but I doubt it

give someone you love a smile today, give someone you hate a warm thought today, give someone you lust for a lusty thought – no guarantee the gesture will be returned . . but that is not why you do it

Mark
341,872

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?