Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

Thursday Feb. 23, 2006 - Year 3, Day 339 - change some things

-14C/7F, clear & snowy from yesterday’s big dump, Gusta playing with reckless abandon, un-shoveled snow made the walk harder, the exercise better

a quick chat with KK yesterday – he & Susan are proud grandparents – now I can call him gramps!

a great day yesterday, a greater one awaits today; whether or not I am prepared for what each day offers, I cannot change what it offers

exasperation, perspiration, speculation & elation & repartee were in abundance yesterday

reality creeps in, reminds me, to accept everything as ‘perfect’ – it is my life & each day’s experience whether full of trauma or tickle or both is ‘my day’, who would want it to be different ?

my acceptance of things the way they are does not mean I cannot struggle well to change the things I believe can & should be changed, but first I must surrender things the way they are . . when I do [without struggle is the part I must work on!!] then I can be effective

a door has opened, someone is peeking into my world; an impression has been made, but what does it mean, where will it lead, can I know, should I know ????

I establish criteria – things I set out as rules/guidelines for – but sometimes it doesn’t seem to be as important as focusing on the opportunity just ahead of me

I can change some things, sometimes things change me

resist ?

surrender ?

Mark
342,656

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?