Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Sunday Feb. 12, 2006 - Year 3, Day 328 - high speed boarding

5C/41F, fresh & calm, many dogs walking their humans this morning - Gusta’s urge to romp seems subdued, me hobbling a little & listing to the left with a sore neck & lower back, my urge to romp in check

AW & I stood in for KK at last night’s Hitmen hockey game @ the Saddledome playing host to the ‘Nova Scotia under-19 Girls Floor Hockey Team’ loads of fun observing all that energy 16-18 yr olds must contain while under watchful eyes of coaches & parents

evening ended in a quieter place @ Bonterra for a bite & some people watching

catching a ride on a fast moving vehicle that won’t slow down for us seems somewhere between minor lunacy & suicidal death wish, though I fondly recall jumping onto a spinning merry-go-round at the park when I was a kid – result: ‘uninjured but severely dizzy’

why then, when I meet someone whose life is hurtling in some direction other than mine, do I think it would be simple, wise or in any way possible to hitch a ride in that direction without risk of injury or severe dizziness ?

some people hop freight trains still I am told; the ride often cold, bumpy & leaving one covered in grime & debris – but what an adventure !

it has been alleged I exhibit typical Leo tendencies to be ‘a bit over the top in interest for a day or so until the next interesting idea, thing, woman, project comes along ’

each time an opportunity comes along I expect I will again risk a skinned knee or minor scrapes – a tiny price really for a great ride that will leave me uninjured but severely dizzy, the next opportunity will be coming by at any moment, it will offer a thrilling ride & I cannot wait to jump on – if I miss this one, there will surely be others if I am watching for them

thrills & spills may be unwise, risky & without security of knowing an outcome – my experience has been the ride is always about the RIDE, not the ultimate stop & off-loading

don’t stop the merry-go-round, I want to get on – not because I know where it is going, but I really want to be with those kids who are riding, heads tossed back while that big kid pulling hard makes it go faster & faster - they seem to be having so much fun - don’t stop the merry-go-round, I want to get on

does that make life disciplined, focused & orderly ? . . no, but why would I want it to be ?

Mark
341,920

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?