Monday, February 20, 2006

 

Monday Feb. 20, 2006 - Year 3, Day 336 - somewhere warm

-5C/23F, overcast & calm . . . refreshing long walk as Gusta visited with a Poodle, a Black Lab & the biggest Great Dane I’ve ever seen – she must have thought it was a big gray horse

could life have value if it had no meaning, no raison d'être ?

what does our life mean ? we have had lots of discussion lately about the meaning of death

I think a better discussion might be ‘life, what does it mean’ or ‘should it mean anything’ ?

"I stick my finger into existence and it smells of nothing. Where am I? What is this thing called the world? Who is it that has lured me into the thing, and now leaves me here? Who am I? How did I come into the world? Why was I not consulted?" - Søren Kierkegaard

we arrive, not so much against our will as without knowledge of will, yet in mid-life it seems so important to have the will to choose, the will to do, the will to live – maybe in part to explain how it is & what it is like to relinquish that will, to lose that will, to surrender

while it is a holiday today, early morning work has crept in with ringing phones & a busy fax machine . . my mind is somewhere warm; I love the milder weather but brittle hair, brittle nails & itchy dry skin are drying me crazy . . I yearn for humidity, spring showers .. or maybe just an itch to go somewhere warm & south for no other purpose than to feel the humidity & hot sun

I yearn to feel the warm wet wind in my face

Mark
341,728

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?