Friday, February 17, 2006

 

Friday Feb. 17, 2006 - Year 3, Day 333 - baby girl turns 26

-28C [-37c windchill]/-17F . . BBBBBBBbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr; a beautiful black morning under cloudless sky, the moon’s light brings no warmth as that wind bites my face, Gusta steps lively on cold sidewalks . . she seems content with a short walk

my car woes, errands & meetings yesterday drained what little energy had not been already sapped by the cold – I’m looking forward to the long [and warming] weekend to catch up on sleep & a mountain of paperwork

it’s Krista’s birthday today – my baby girl is 26 & doing great after a year of tumult; she is well established back in Edmonton & having a ton of fun

RH & I got together for coffee yesterday ostensibly to talk about a piece he is writing, but 2 hours later we’d scarcely touched on it

a great catch up call with BB yesterday – he’s celebrating the 8th anniversary of a new lease on life . . .

speaking of self-evolved open guys, I’m off to a long overdue breakfast with JJ

it is always fascinating to me when men who are not prone [that genetic thing] to talk about ‘how they feel’ really do that; though it is less common in written form I am impressed when men take that step

"One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives."
- Euripides (408 B.C.)

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends whom we choose."
- Tehyi Hsieh

. . gotta run, eggs benny topped with tomatoes @ the 1886 Café awaits

Mark
341,800

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?