Friday, February 10, 2006

 

Friday Feb. 10, 2006 - Year 3, Day 326 - anticipation

-11C/12F, steady breeze stings cheeks - Gusta loves it cold & windy

this week draws to a close, another candle burned well at both ends; the shape of next week coming together . .

my comments yesterday produced a call from someone thinking it was him I was writing about; not so . . while the person I was writing about remains oblivious I am sure

for those who’ve asked or been wondering about my ‘reconnect with DB after 38 years’ story, I’m off to Red Deer this evening for a little dinner & a chat with DB . . . interesting connection developing there – getting acquainted for the first time, chats & emails reveal interesting person worthy of further investigation

stay tuned . . . what will happen next ?

anticipation

every day my phone rings, often with a new opportunity/challenge/problem from a client or someone who might become one – each time an ‘out of the blue’ opportunity shows up I react – little time to think, responding based on experience, instinct & quickly processing an evaluation of ‘is it real/’, ‘is it worth it?’ & ‘can I win?’

as I spend some time in the morning communing with nature, re-reading some things I’ve put down as a list of the things I desire, the things I am good at – many reminders to not stray from who I am, I am well poised I suppose to react to things that happen, to people . . . from a deep understanding of who I am - or not

sometimes I react impulsively, illogically or too enthusiastically - but rarely with regret in any form

anticipation

Mark
341,968

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?