Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

February 22 Responses

Mark, as someone who writes all kinds of "stuff" for clients every day for a living, I marveled at your musing today. Thoughtful, playful and insightful. A beginning, a middle and an end. Done up nicely!, JD, Vancouver
. . .
My thoughts are with you AW and SdV .... losing a mother is about the most heartbreaking thing I have ever gone through , however her memory is with me forever. You like me, will draw strength from remembering 'Life with Mom'. CCC, Calgary
. . .
Thanks Mark. I enjoyed reading the Men Choose article. Today is a busy day, going to see a play and lots of other things to take care of. I'll get back to you asap. Hug., EvD, Pasadena
. . .
Ah!! that was the problem used 60 grit rather than 120... , SN and it's St. Paul not Lac La Biche
. . .
To AW and SdV. Condolences to you and yours. There is probably nothing I can say to help ease your pain for your loss. I've kept her in my thoughts and prayers as soon as I read about the love you all share, and about you all knowing her time was coming. No regrets. You all rallied to her side, to give the love in return for all the love she gave. What a warm, wanderful feeling. I felt weepy, but I don't know if it's because I feel your pains of the loss, or if it's because I felt the warmth of what it must feel like to be received into God's hands. Both, I think. Grieve, but do not be sad. I hope I'm not being presumptuous in thinking that she would not want you to be sad. My thoughts on life is some people think life is too short. I feel life is lived. Life is what you make it.We as individuals are here on earth for a short time, often making our marks in life, hoping it's for the betterment of mankind, feeling it's never enough because there is so much to do, and when we leave, life does go on. But, those before us leave a stamp on our hearts, our minds, and things around us, both seen and unseen... Hmm, like passing a baton in a relay race? My stepgrandmother left me a book, for me to illustrate. I don't think I'm qualified for the job but she seems to think so. So, I feel, she is still here. Not in the physical sense, but in the spiritual sense. She gave me an education that schools would never be able to give me. She was a wise owl. She set examples, and I will list a few. I find I still use some of what I know, with my children and those around me. I wasn't finished learning from her... Some of the things she taught me I probably will never use again. Like panning for gold for instance. But the memory is there. She set examples as humanly possible, opened up all kinds of possibilities. She was an advocate for the elderly. She went to bat for them. Here are some of the finger- and footprints she left.....Many years ago, she came to me with an idea about a proprosal she was writing. She gave it to some official in Tucson. It was a proprosal for the government to pay her to make sure the elderly got what they deserved. She went to and found elderly men and women who were abandoned by whatever they were abandoned from: children or the 'system.' I even helped (Gosh, I forgot!) One woman was so independent she insisted on making her own living. But arthritis was too much for her to bear. She caned chairs. So I helped her weave. Now that, I don't remember how to do. Another thing my s-grandmother did is go undercover for insurance scams against the elderly. She gathered affidavits from victims, went to the media and offered her services. She risked her life.She had some kind of news media hook her up with a hidden camera and a microphone and had a fraudulant insurance company come and interview her in her home. She was in fear for her life the way they treated her. She got tired of the elderly being victims. It was aired on live television (20/20?) and I don't remember what became of the insurance company. They took money with promises of caregiving and they never came through with the promises. Of course I never got to see that segment.. (guh) She was in the middle of so many projects. When she moved to Idaho, she volunteered her time at senior centers. She died from pneumonia. I can almost hear her cussing as she slipped away when her mother and grandmother came for her. She is one who believed life was too short. We went to Idaho for a weeklong camping trip, in honor of her birthday, and on horseback (some drove with all the camping gear) from down the mountain, we all gathered around and my uncle spread her ashes in the wind on a hill looking towards the Lemhi mountains or the Bitterroot mountains. (Can't remember which one was on fire.) From what I've read about your Mother, she left a legacy of love and respect and embraced family. I don't know what else, only you know. And you all have wanderful memories of her life and the life you both shared. I'm not speaking for all, but some Native Americans believe that when you pass to leave this plane of exhistance, you never really leave. You become part of the earth again. The trees, the water, the soil, the air. Yes, even people. Their essence is all around. You know the song by Hall and Oats, everytime you go away, you take a piece of me with you? When people leave to be with God, they leave of piece of them with you. I hope I'm making sense here. I don't know anyone who would dress up before hubby comes home. I don't, but I don't love my husband any less. Something for me to think about though. God Bless and stay safe. ALP hd
Mark, have enjoyed your musings... however, I'd like to request you remove me from the musings list. MH,Calgary



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?