Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

February 18 Responses

Hi Mark. My deep sympathy to your friend. No amount of time prepares us for loss. The time now is precious - wonderful, needed, and excruciating, too. E-hugs all around. L.S., Calgary
. . .
Death can come quite suddenly & tragically. It numbs, devastates, & alienates. I have unfortunately experienced the untimely & tragic death of one of my sons. The wave of emotions in uncontrollable. It is like being a tiny snowball at the top of a very tall mountain that starts rolling downhill & just continues to get bigger & bigger & you can't stop it. Every thing about it feels uncontrollable. There are so many decisions to be made right then that are forever permanent. I am forever grateful for all the pictures & memories I have. He may be gone from my touch but never my heart. My heart truly goes out to anyone experiencing the loss of a loved one. Blessings. LH in Oklahoma City
. . .
Hi Mark, As I am not at work, and your musings come to my work, AW sent me your musings today to my home email address. Thank you for caring enough, thank you for writing down how we both are feeling. I just came from the nursing home, our Mom is slowly drifting off to her next journey. I ended up taking a long drive home, past the old house, through the old neighbourhood, and yes, tears flowed down my cheeks, she wasn't suppose to be robbed of her memories, she wasn't suppose to be on her bed tonight a mere shadow of the beautiful woman she use to be. We put lipstick on her, because no matter what she taught us never to go out without our lipstick, we curled her hair, because looking good was always important to her. Tonight? Tomorrow? she will see our Dad again and the two people that left such a beautiful legacy, a legacy and legend of Love will be reunited. The lipstick and the pretty hair, well, she always got all dressed up before Dad got home from work. This is the Family Day long weekend, on this weekend, her family is being drawn together, THE most important thing to her...her family. It won't be long now...it won't be long. Thank you for caring, SdV, Edmonton

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?