Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Wednesday Jan. 25, 2006 - Year 3, Day 310 - heart attack

we walked & walked & walked, Gusta oblivious to my brooding, -2C/28F, light breeze

I meet lots of people every month, I talk to hundreds . . rarely deliberate in my search, but almost always wary, alert, wanting to add to my collection of intriguing people [especially the female kind] when that person, that personality, that enigma shows up . . eccentricities in tow, baggage no doubt, complicated lives all – but with some magical quality that spills onto me when that happens, I can’t wash it off

not that one knows the outcome of a new connection at the outset . . but I always come away knowing that I’ve been affected, or not

what is it that makes 2 people connect; is it a sprinkling of fairy dust ? or can it be created on purpose the way one might match up a home buyers with sellers, e-bay users with just the right obscure widget or car part someone has been hunting for – find the heart you want, then attack !

have you ever wondered why sometimes we meet a new colleague, a neighbour or a potential romantic conquest . . sparks fly, clouds collide, the world changes a little . . leaving us ‘never quite the same’ ? . . even more exciting when it is two-way magic; can hearts & minds be approached, attacked like an adversary/quest in an advertising campaign or a heated battle ?

concentration will be difficult today this week a frenetic pace & the plate is more than full, it’s spilling over + fine tuning/rehearsing a speech for TM tonight + a half-plateful of tomorrow already building

my dad called mid-morning yesterday, something he rarely does – he’d just learned his last remaining brother died of a heart attack on Monday . . Gordon was 86

. . eccentric farmer & uncle . . my limited memories of Gordon from early childhood


Mark
342,352

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?