Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

Sunday Jan. 29, 2006 - Year 3, Day 314 - pear & apple

-1C/30F, Gusta’s zeal to chase [male I presume] a scent defies any memory of how long the leash extends or how fast I can walk; hopefully this period will soon pass; big sun, no clouds

to our Chinese musing friends, Gung Hoy Fat Choy for the year of the dog

where we live, how we live, what we do - 3 simple elements - but how important they are !

after giving some advice yesterday around feeling clear & grounded – feeling clear about these elements got me thinking, asking myself the same questions

if I was a child with my life ahead of me [yes I am & it is], based on the knowledge I have, where would I choose to be ?, what lifestyle would I choose ?, & how would I earn a living ?

I’ve not focused particularly well on those issues myself lately

driven more by fixing personal & business economics the last three years, clearly the time to think & talk about these questions has arrived

I want to spend incrementally more time in a warm place where ocean meets shore [a week or two a year is not enough]; I don’t want to be living ‘alone with dog’ as much as I want to be together with someone; I have work/business venture ambition to explore some twists on what I do now in real estate & writing . . .

I admit to having developed a very selfish & comfortable ‘alone’ lifestyle; is the sharing that is missing from this scenario worth giving up some of the solitude, flexibility & freedom I enjoy ?

good question . . answer undetermined

many things I want to do can be done from anywhere with a good internet connection & a safe welcoming place; how I want to live requires choices . . . made nicer with a partner of course; what I choose limited only by my health

my daily exercise regime of walking is great for my heart & all muscles from the waist down – but musculature from the waist up has fallen into disrepair taking on a pear shape from ‘2 pieces of apple pie when one will do’ habit – time to fix that now

like most men I expect, I put issues of my health on ignore most of the time, somehow deluded that the good health I’ve enjoyed all my life will continue automatically without regard to how I eat or work off my calories

Mark
342,256

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?