Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

Saturday Jan. 14, 2006 - Year 3, Day 299 - 6½ days

ice sculpted from slush floes from driveways spill over sidewalks make freeze-thaw creations that require 1 skate & 1 crampon - we manage somehow under brilliant sunshine & blue skies - Gusta thrilled – first day all week she’s been walked in daylight, -3C/27F

great exhaustion thisweekwhatwas left me horizontal most of the evening & late sleeping this morning; rest rest rest first on the weekend agenda followed by much catch up & prep for next week

some clients from across the world, some around the corner & some in rural Alberta, I witnessed a new collection of people, businesses & ways of life this week

I had the best homemade butterscotch pudding ever . . an alternative to jello; a two dessert restaurant in a one restaurant town

humbling, decent, noble – my point about this particular ‘small town’ – it could be any town where life is slow in a racing world, where growth is absent, where prosperity is neither reality or delusion but something to pursue - no matter chance of success is slim, smiles prevail & no one is late for curling

I am doing something to make a difference there, a place where I can teach a lot – but I learn so much more; I am rarely able to see someone else’s viewpoint other than filtered through my own, I need to spend more time away, more time talking to people on a street in a small town or wanderers on a beach . . . they have so much to teach

to walk in another’s shoes for a minute or for a day – not to imagine ‘how they see things’ but to operate from that other perspective, to work toward a different goal for a different reason starting from a very different place

body weary, brain busy; too many ideas ready for action, too many must do’s compete for attention

my new year ‘new ways’ scarcely make a difference; thus far the 6½ day work week is my crowning achievement

my challenge to fit all interesting new pursuits into the 6½ so my other ½ can be spent exploring for new ones

Mark
342,516

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?