Monday, January 23, 2006

 

January 23 Responses

Mark-- as a female reader of your musings, I often take courage from your example of being open and have made decisions throughout my day to "reach out" a little more to folks. Thank you for that., I am one of the Calgarians who is also planning on voting today--I hope you have a good one.KC, Calgary
. . .
Hi Mark, not an often respondent to your 'musings', but must say...I agree wholeheartedly! We live in a country rich with freedoms and choice. Most of us have never known a world war, strife, starvation or oppression. We have a choice to agree or disagree, knowing we won't be murdered or jailed for our views. We have an obligation to all the generations to follow us to shape our country's future. What a beautiful place we live, this Canada of ours.... Vote, and be grateful our forefathers and mothers fought for freedom., KL, Kitchener Ontario
. . .
Re deep hurt: Gusta biting your finger, albeit without intent, brought back a similarevent in my memory. I had just separated my childhood dog from a dogfight. My dog was leaning against my leg, very frightened (my dog had been losing the fight). I reach down to touch his shoulder, to calm him, and he reacted instinctively to the touch on his neck. In an instant the end of one of my fingers was bitten through and blood began to pour. As soon as my dog saw the blood was coming from me, the dismay was palpable. He shrank in size to half of his old self, and faded into the bushes. I feel that if he could have, he would have simply willed himself to die. It took me several days to convince him that he was forgiven, andto rebuild his confidence in our relationship. It took several more weeks for him to recover from dogfight. I do hope that you and Gusta make up, AK, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?