Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

January 18 Responses

you're musing made me think of the book 'Blink' my Malcolm Gladwell... It's all about the choices/decisions we make in the blink of an eye., SK, Edmonton
. . .
Mark, Very interesting muse today! I would recommend reading the book Blink! by Malcolm Gladwell. The main thrust of the book is that our cognitive selection is so well honed that we can make very informative and accurate decisions in a blink of an eye. Malcolm makes it clear in the book that he is not talking about intuition which has an emotional gut feel element but the ability to think - quickly. A very interesting read. If you want some deeper learning then I would suggest the January edition of Harvard Business Review which dedicates the whole issue to decision-making. Have not finished that but some interesting concepts (especially the chemical reactions found between emotional and rational parts of the brain). Have a great day ;-) SZ, Calgary
. . .
Hi Mark, I just noticed that I seem to have slipped off your list, unless of course you are sending me a message, by not sending your "messages"! I do enjoy the one minute read, mostly as a quiet respite from the daily norms of life, however I am occasionally stimulated to "jump in". So ... will you let me back into the club? Cheers KD, Ottawa
. . .
I just started getting your Musings out of the blue about a month ago. I actually thought you might be on Vancouver Island as I had been looking through a couple of realtor websites for out there and your musings started not long after. I thought you must have picked up my email from one of them and starting sending the musings to me. However, now that I know you are in Calgary, I have no idea where you got myname or email address from., GR, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?