Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

January 10 Responses

Just have to thank you today for your continuing glimpses into the passion and compassion of a man. Thank you for writing every day. CS, Hope Maine

Mark, I am heading off for holidays. Please remove me from your mailing list until Feb. 15. Thanks., BB, Edmonton

In grade 10, a frustrated teacher asked our English class, "What's really important to know? I don't remember how we answered. I only remember his tired response: "Everything," he said. "Life's tragedy is that there simply isn't time, but spending the rest of your lives trying is all there is!" Your Kerouac card brought that to mind. Thank you. , MW, ?

Mark, Great quote from Kerouac, my favorite writer. When I first read him, I was a kid in Grade 8 in Winnipeg. It was like fireworks going off and I wanted to put on my backpack and hit the road., Keep musing and amusing, JD

Good ~ when you plan your trip ~ I know a lot of nice ladies of your vintage ~, KL, Marriott

Dear Mark, I am not sure how my work email ended up on your mailing list - it hasbeen some time now - perhaps forwarded by my realtor. Anyway, I liked the idea of being able to look at your musings on your blog from time to time rather than have them come into my work email. Could you remove my name from your mailing list? Regards, HD, Edmonton

I've been reminiscing about what it is I'm yearning for in a relationship with a man at this stage of my life, and came across an article yesterday introducing Gail Sheehy's new book, Sex and the Seasoned woman... which hits bookstores today. Her research reports a new phenomenon in Boomer-generation female attitudes. You men who are already yawning, better pay attention; these are the women you may date/love/have in your life!! I love this stuff, and am finally admitting that this is the new me, without shame and guilt. Like the Kerouac quote about fabulous yellow roman candles....I want passion, not just sexually but in every way. No settling, no compromise, with friends, lovers, new adventures. Sexual revitalization, A new dream, and spiritual exploration, are top desires!
So, here's the scoop.....
WHAT A SEASONED WOMAN OFFERS:
*A 'what the hell, life-is-short" joie de vivre.
*Emotional stability.
*Financial independence.
*The ability to talk about anything.
*No ticking biological clock.
*A knowledge of what she wants sexually/appreciation of a good lover.
WHAT A SEASONED WOMAN WANTS:
*Romance, fun, flirting, finesse.
*Good conversation.
*Mutual sexual pleasure with emotional connection.
*Not to be tied down.
*Men who are not threatened by her accomplishments
*She wants to go dancing!
Comments welcome Mark!, SW, Coeur d'Alene Idaho

Hi Mark, This is not "musings" related but I was wondering because you know so many people ...are you aware of anyone who is looking for a job as a Salesperson. Thanks ...have a great afternoon!, SP, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?