Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

Wednesday Dec. 28, 2005 - Year 3, Day 282 – some day . . .

-1C / 30F, light breeze, paths are mostly bare except for where they are moonscapes of ice, dog romps, I slip slide glide & scramble after; we returned pre-sunrise, a sliver of moon near the horizon as if standing ready to hand of lighting duties to the day shift

Gusta got shots & a clean bill of health at the vet yesterday . . she weighed in at 57 pounds

each year I try [another failing resolution] to not end the year in a work tizzy, each year I face the dilemma of genuinely clearing the deck to be open to all things for the new year, each year it collides with my desire to take an ‘escape day’ to play hooky, get out of town, start my day doing something completely different without regard for where it might take me

as I prepare for next year I have much already planned; some traditional planning for current business, for finding new clients & serving established ones too; some planning for some new ventures . . tentative ones anyway; some work/play/lifestyle/health items on my mind that are starting to gain some momentum for me – more time to read, more time to play, more sleep, better use of my time . . a healthier focus

reading about trends, it seems more people are buying books & reading about trends . .

1 day . . .

one day . . .

some day . . .

so often I say things that start that way

how ‘wishful speculation’ becomes real action is something I would like to understand better, so often finding wishful speculation becomes a past-intention so quickly; I love the result when it happens, I wonder why when it doesn’t

is it lack of real resolve, ‘that I am not really convinced’ or am I like an attention deficit child turning my interest to something new before one thing or thought is fully developed ?

4 days away from the end of another year, a reducing pile of ‘the things I must finish this year’ is more ‘end of year’ resolution than a ‘new year’ one; I know I am OK because I have garbage bags left

3 days away from new year’s eve without plans . . . dinner at home would be nice . . not alone would be better

2 days of intense work ahead

I shun ‘new year’s resolutions’ as a concept, but cannot avoid taking a ‘clear the deck, clear the plate, get set to do some things differently’ approach

1 day . . .

one day . . .

some day . . .

Mark
341,904

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?