Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 

Wednesday Dec. 21, 2005 - Year 3, Day 275 – the outing

+9C/48F, lovely start to a season, light frost on the path, Gusta met & sniffed another retriever, otherwise our walk in the dark was uneventful . . . but the trees seemed happy to be warmer

the day ahead will be a mix of pushing paper, calls & cooking a turkey for our Toastmasters pot-luck dinner tonight . . gobblegobble

some days I have something to write about, something to say, someone to say it too but the keys take a while to warm up - taking my time with morning papers & coffee & toasted muffins did not help much

I went shopping yesterday for gifts; I took my dad & his walker

To All: if you have an your elderly parent, take them out ‘to the mall’ or anywhere that you can soak up a little bit of the seasonal buzz, the noise & glitter of it all – it makes a worthy difference, to say nothing of how good you might feel too

I don’t think I got him much exercise or to feel like he was participating much – in fact he mostly stood waiting as I would pick & choose . . waiting still more while I went through the snaked line of shoppers waiting to pay . . we walked to another store . . repeat, repeat, repeat

I came back with packages

he came back with a smile

oh yeah, it’s Christmas

Mark
342,072

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?