Wednesday, December 14, 2005

 

Wednesday Dec. 14, 2005 - Year 3, Day 269 - 4529 friends

a twilight start, -5C/23F, crisp clear sky with a full moon low on west horizon, coming home to a sun-just-about rising

To my 4529 musing friends – mostly strangers I’ve never met who never write so I should call you 4529 strangers; among you there are many dear friends, foes, pals, conquests, failed-to-get-it-right near misses at nirvana & colleagues

among you are many who enjoy words as I do, ones who communicate with a note once in a while, a phone call or a wink/nod when we meet up somewhere; it doesn’t matter what or where, it doesn’t matter how close or far . . thank you !

today is the 1000th day of musing, a day not unlike any other, but worth noting I think:
To: Carla who started me on this . . thanks !
To: the original 8 who kept me going those first months & thanks PI & KM for your notes
To: the 220 in our little community at the end of the first year . . . wow & thanks
To: the 4528 of you this morning . . . thank you being my audience

these last 1000 days countless hundreds have come & gone, I don’t keep track that frequently as the total ebbs & flows; I checked this morning to see 4528 on the list . but if I add JM – just did – that makes 4529

some strangers write nice things, some write cranky things, most are silent most of the time

the silent majority factor used to bother me; but then I would have an isolated comment on the street, at a function or standing in line at an event when some guy reading my name tag would say to his wife, ‘honey come over here – meet that musing guy’ who sends stuff to us every morning

yoke off my neck, ‘big project’ fully sent to print & then I’m off on a whirlwind trip to Edmonton this evening - time to catch up on calls & things domestic . . back tomorrow morning

I’ve never been so focused as this past couple of weeks, a couple of things have slipped through the cracks, but not much + 2 new clients to connect with today

Mark
342,240

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?