Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

Thursday Dec. 29, 2005 - Year 3, Day 283 – have you seen it

-3C/27F calm & sunny; our walk short uneventful & refreshing like a spring morning when I crave to see something green, something sprouting . .

have you seen it ?

what does success look like ?

when I chase it, do I have a notion of what the destination looks like ?

do I sometimes miss it when I have it in the palm of my hand ?

I like that phrase; I use it often when meeting with clients – I use it to focus discussion around what the real goal ought to be

I use it in my own planning, not that I can necessarily design a successful year or life by writing a plan, but that I can point myself in useful directions with purpose to produce desired results

you must admit it is a good cliché, a good question to ask when pursuing an opportunity of any kind – what will success look like ?

whether it is some business I pursue, some person I want to get to know, a relationship of any kind that I am interested in developing – I try to ask myself, what does success look like ?

more than to answer those classic questions of ‘is it real, is it worth it, can I win’ ?

more than ‘does it give me satisfaction, value or improvement in some form ? ’

I know I have often been looking in the wrong places or in the wrong direction

I’ve found helping my client, my friend, my reader, my neighbour . . helping them achieve what they need & want to achieve is how I tell myself that I measure success

if I helped them get to their goal then I have accomplished something, right?

if I accomplish those things I will feel great, but is that any measure of success?

is it a measure of me? I wonder about that

yesterday, the response from KJR, hit me somewhere around my ego-centric nerve; it stunned me, humbled me & made me feel pretty good too

it seems perverse I guess to be feeling good when someone has gone through such grief, but to have provided a way for my thoughts & the words of other musers to reach out to help someone in such a way at a time of stress, pain & grief gives me pause to reflect & smile

the smile across my face when I read KJR’s words . . that feeling

maybe it looks like that ?

Mark
341,880

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?