Monday, December 26, 2005

 

Monday Dec. 26, 2005 - Year 3, Day 280 - all of the above

+1C/34F . . sunny with cloudy periods is the weather report; I’d report ‘cloudy with hope of a sunny period’ . . . light breeze

in the weeks leading up to Christmas I was sharing some of my dad’s melancholy; I didn’t tell him, but tried to get him into the spirit of the season

it seems a lot of people, the ones that he least expected, showed him warmth & kindness beyond his expectations, beyond his own actions; he was startled, amazed & grateful

this morning I reflect on my own little experiences of amazement lately – mostly involving my children & my father because they are so close in many ways but also thinking about people who matter much to me, near & far, ones I speak with frequently, ones I speak with sparingly, ones I never speak with anymore, ones I hope to know, ones I hope to explore

add to this a Christmas letter from KT together with a piece she wrote http://www.banderasnews.com/0512/nb-allaboutlove.htm about the Children of the Dump called ‘It’s all about love’ got me thinking well beyond how lucky I am to have such a treasure as a dear friend; I am so proud of what she proves with her words & actions

all of the above, got me thinking about:

Question: love

is that a question, an answer, a noun or a verb ?

is it what he have, what we lost, what we want, what we had, what we wish for ?

reflecting on Christmas . . . is it those I spent time with, those I connected with ?

is it thinking about those I missed, those I miss, those I did not hear from ?

is it thinking about what matters, what mattered & what never mattered ?

is it perspective - more than viewing from different angles it is viewing from different distances – forward & back, but mostly back ?

is it waiting, wanting & wanton ?

is it patient, hungry or serene ?

is it never when or where we expect it, where we force it or where we try to make it happen ?

is it everywhere ?

is it in us all – craving expression ?

is it not who you love, but that you love which is most important ?

Answer: all of the above

Mark
341,952

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?