Monday, December 12, 2005

 

Monday Dec. 12, 2005 - Year 3, Day 267 - swift currents

6C /43F, temperatures vacillate as pre-sunrise painted low clouds on horizon stretch from as far as one can see north and south; spritely steps through the park felt great given my sleep deprivation

like the view from the shore my horizon, as far as I can see; my dreams are the ship, where shall I sail ? what to choose; uncharted waters, swift currents [Sask. joke there], or safe harbours ? my love of ocean stems from standing firmly on shore, though tacking through wind seems such a wonderful metaphor for recent events, I’m making headway ‘against the flow’

his 91 yr. old brother had a heart attack & his condition does not sound promising; youngest of 12 my dad has seen most of his siblings slip away

he & 3 remain; he and Paul have not been close since boyhood, but I don’t think that matters much now

I have no knowledge of feelings for brothers or sisters, having none, I wonder what that is like

inspiration found me yesterday, finding words, mellow firm ones that flow from the tongue like water over falls after so many edited ones flew from my desk, never reaching the floor . . gone to a cyber-word junk pail somewhere, never to be heard from again; ‘again, half as long’ & many thanks to pal KK for such disciplined example, I realized last night I’ve become a much better editor

a highly productive weekend sets tone for busy few ahead & trip to Edmonton later this week

Mark
342,288

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?