Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

December 28 Responses

Mark, just wanted to say I enjoy your daily bulletins and best wishes for 2006.And that life is too short to stay home on New Year's Eve. So reach out andfind a party, CC, Calgary
. . .
Mark, have a great wrap-up to 2005. Thank you for sharing over the last year. Communication makes us all better people. All the best for the new year and the challenges we have in front of us., NL, Calgary
. . .
RE: priorities - Dec. 27 - Hello Mark, I seldom, if ever, offer comment on your musing although they are frequently viewed. This one - priorities - struck a cord. For me, this holiday season was spent reflecting on the life of a loved one who passed away a short time ago. This often involved wondering if she would be satisfied with the product of her life's work. For this special person, I think the answer would be "yes". In her own way, she left this world in a better state than she found it. In other words, she had her priorities straight. Similar to your musing, I wonder if I will able to make the same statement and be content with my life's work. We all need to continually assess the validity and value of our priorities. Best wishes as youevaluate yours, DS, Calgary
. . .
Mark, I want to tell you how very much your Musings from Sept 27 thru Sept 30 this year meant to me. The timing for the discussion around "taking your Dad [or Mom] for granted / 'need to drive an old guy to the hospital", "our Mother has cancer", "facing the terminal illness and death of a loved one", and "your friend's Mother has cancer" was uncanny. My Mother was first diagnosed with emphysema on Sept 21 ... five weeks later the diagnosis was corrected to terminal lung cancer ... 6 1/2 weeks later, Mom was gone. I sent quotes from and referencing your musings to my four siblings on Oct 6, to encourage them to wake up and rally round my Mother. They didn't "get it" until some weeks later, but when they did, they all came home to visit and help care for my Mother for weeks at a time. And, we were all there with her when she passed away. You performed a valuable service for me and my family. I will never forget your contribution. So, even though you were unaware that you were making a difference at the time, you were. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing that invaluable advice which spurred me on to act in ways that I will always be proud and grateful for having done so. KJR, Calgary
. . .
Hi - I'm sorry but this is my work e-mail and I am too busy to read your musings at work - so kindly remove me from your distribution list. Thanks, NB, Calgary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?