Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

December 27 Responses

I so agree with the confused priorities, and I am guilty of getting into the whole thing and regretting I didn't do something more meaningful for others ~ also, to be an example to my grandchildren; too many toys, the focus on receiving, not giving. I am going to talk with them about what is missing from Christmas, and how we can do better next year. Seeing the replay of the tsunami and the horror of that is overwhelming ~ so much pain in the world, and spending money at department stores does not fix it. LBK, Palm Desert
. . .
Mark, The past three days have been hectic with running here and there for the Christmas celebrations. Staring Christmas Eve with supper at my sisters to this afternoon visit to my cousins. Today is really the first time in the last three that I have taken time to sit and the computer to read my emails and reply to those that were important. One from a colleague to inform us that he has found that special person and it is in the hands of the government agencies to fix things so that she can come here from France. My Mother was up from Calgary this year but I wonder how many more she will make. She finds it hard just to get ready saying that it takes her a week to get ready. She is 83 now and next month will turn a year older. Her cooking was excellent for Christmas dinner as she took all us out to the best Chinese restaurant in Edmonton. I in turn cooked a 21 lb turkey my youngest son got from the place he works for all the family yesterday. Had 12 people for supper with just 10 for the main sitting as my oldest one had to work so was late. Said that everyone was just dragging their butts. Must have been suffering from turkey overload from Christmas day. The meal was great as said by all. My brother-in-law, sister, young son and his friend got up after we opened all the late gifts and did the dishes for me which I really appreciated. Woke up at 6 this morning. Called my friend who is 15 hours ahead of us. I miss her very much but still we are close even though so far apart. Wished she was here for all that was done these past few days but the magazine and grooming of her son to take over still remains high on our plans to be together. Both our families have adopted us as part of them. You have a great New Year Mark and should I happen to get to Calgary I will try to look you up so we can put some faces to the names that travel through the internet so easily. , BGM, Edmonton

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?