Sunday, December 11, 2005

 

December 11 Responses

I do continue appreciate the daily glimpse into your life, thoughts, feelings.Overcome with curiosity, I ask: What does the 6 digit number below your namemean? CAS, Maine
. . .
Hi Mark, Thought I'd drop you a quick line and catch you up on So. Cal. News; It's a puffy cloud-studded, 68*F here today. No rain predicted but the cooler temps are a welcome contrast to the usual 75*+. One more week of school for me, then off for two and a half weeks! Mark doesn't finish until 12/22 so I'll have a week to shop and rest up before the onslaught of relatives and traveling. My step-grandmother is in the dying throes of...dying. She had a massive stroke before Thanksgiving and has been off food and water since then. Just refuses to die...kinda' like a cockroach. And yes, I mean that. She was an ornery, cantankerous old biddy for the last 20 years of her life. When she finally succumbs, it'll be a relief for all of us. Mark has big plans for my birthday, which he refuses to divulge. And he KNOWS how crazy surprises make me! Remember, I'm the girl who opened every one of my Christmas gifts before the big day then carefully rewrapped them so no one would know. I still do it. To this day. Which is exactly why he's holding out. When we went to AZ for Thanksgiving, my mom slipped me a birthday gift before we left and admonished me not to open it until 12/23. Ha! Dad says, "Let her open it now, Pat. You know she'll have it unwrapped before she gets to the stop sign at the end of the block anyway." Daddy knows his little girl... And as for Daddies and little girls, I'm moving into the 29th week of my pregnancy. Eleven weeks to go! All's still very well. Baby Delaney is growing longer and stronger. A full night's sleep is a thing of the past as she insists on kicking and turning in the middle of it. We're readying the third bedroom for her; Mark is putting up the crib as I type. (Remind me to order future bicycles already assembled...) He's been great through it all. I couldn't ask for a more attentive, involved, patient, loving partner. I stopped by his school after a brief dr. appt. last week and happened to glance at his desk calendar. He's crossing out days with a pink highlighter. When I asked him what that was all about, he said that he's counting down the days... Hope things are good for you too, though I detect a melancholy tone in your musings lately. Are you OK? If I don't talk to you before it, have a wonderful, merry Christmas, Mark. And a joyous New Year! kisses and hugs, LR

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?