Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

Wednesday Nov. 9, 2005 - Year 3, Day 234 - fear factor

darkness & quiet are comforting companions early in the morning – as if they walk with us, sharing the moment; 0C / 32 F, our walk disturbed only by Gusta’s race after a phantom rabbit

I am wondering, how does one market proactively to fear based thinkers ?

‘fear based’ thinking is so pervasive, I am wondering if my entire marketing strategies should be repositioned to bring clients to my door more effectively . . by addressing their fears

yesterday a client & I met with a Mayor & an advisor – to inform, to persuade & advocate for my client’s project . . . in the end progress was made because we were able to get them to open up about ‘what they are afraid of’, for in fact they are very supportive . . . our selling job is not one of promoting the aspects of our project of merit, but rather one of helping them address fears – most of which will be dispelled by good information

last night, conferenced in on to a meeting of a town council on a very different project, I found the same elements present; in the end the two dissenters became allies once their fears were addressed

fear, clearly a factor in both instances – overcoming those fears required providing information to dispel them with fact, with provision of a broader understanding . . nothing more

sometimes I chase a phantom; I chase the missed opportunity, I chase the possible . . but I don’t do it from a fear based perspective; maybe I should rethink that . .

if we conquer fear, what obstacles remain ?

a full day ahead of meetings & writing & Toastmasters tonight, but first, breakfast with WB . . gotta run


Mark
342,080

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?