Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Wednesday Nov. 23, 2005 - Year 3, Day 248 – temperature rising

Gusta navigates in the dark by nose alone while I use billions of stars & piece of moon to guide me to the park & back; temperature rising again today after 20C yesterday; already +8C/ 46F, brisk winds continue to keep us unseasonably warm

Jack Nicholson’s character said: ‘Do you ever wonder if this is as good as it gets?’

in golf, re-writing & personal encounters I like mulligans

‘do-over’ opportunities because I want it to better or sometimes just because there is a chance

a second chance to make a first impression is not always deserved; I’ll take it when I can get it

a second chance to experience the thrill or the spill or to win or to move something forward

a second chance to get it right, get it better . . . or get it at all

success, winning, problem solving & overcoming obstacles – each would be nice if I could do it with a single action, a well crafted sentence, a deft move, a call at just the right moment

I consult my treasure file - wise words, cute phrases & things to ponder – each leave me pondering, wondering, challenging . . . a little confused, optimistic & poised

adrenaline courses through my veins, probably an elevated heart rate, frenetic activity, nervousness in wait, in want, in wonder

anticipation

what is this energy ? Sigmund, vhat dos dis mean ?

anticipation

starting anything new brings anxiety, thrill, spill, risk, reward

anticipation

does it really matter whether it is a new opportunity, a new activity, a rendezvous or a re-visit of something/someone we choose to re-examine, re-visit

an idea ? someone ? a new business idea/activity ? a project ?

on the cusp of any opportunity I wrestle – not with demons – but with many deep & convoluted thoughts about what to do, write, say etc while remembering most events & people that have enriched my life have not been the product of deep deliberation, but rather the innocent little connection, the slightly different path taken, the call returned, the words captured or a note from ‘anonymous’ with wise words & good advice

life is great, I’m breathing deeply doing things I love doing every day; I have richness in my life in so many ways . . . maybe this is ‘as good as it gets’

I’m enjoying it with few regrets . . . then again . . . too few to mention

Mark342,744

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?