Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

Wednesday Nov. 2, 2005 - Year 3, Day 226 - yesterday was both

singular band of cloud on east horizon, like a mat border around a painting framing clear twilight; we walked with ease, a crunchy 3 inch blanket of we snow everywhere – laden tall grass & covered trees conjure greeting card images – like a tunneling snow plow Gusta entertained by running her snout along the grass beneath the snow, no doubt looking for familiar scents as she frolicked in snow for the first time in her 8 month life; -3C / 27F

just when we least expect it, people amaze us; more often than not I find people exceed my expectations as opposed to disappointing in any way – not sure if that means I am hanging out with a better class of people or if it means I used to be too cynical ?

whirlwind yesterday, meetings went well, catch up chats with several people, dinner with JB + a ton of calls & 200 more emails than I really wanted to deal with last night as I extricated myself from the 3 hr slippery ride that should have taken 90 minutes; were goals met, did we really make a difference ? hhhmm???? some days are for doing, some for learning, some for both, some for neither . . I’d like to think we did a bit of each

comments yesterday caused me to re-read it; I’m amazed, flattered & thrilled when something I’ve written strikes a deep chord with someone, even more amazed when it is something I turned out quickly or from someone of the feminine persuasion who ‘wants to meet me’ !

some days I look back at some old musings . . often checking the same date in a previous year, in part looking for inspiration, in part reminiscing . . today I re-read something I wrote Nov. 2, 2003 that took me back to that day with very vivid memories, so I thought you might enjoy it:

November 2/03 – Sunday morning Y&Y musings. . .what a great morning walk. . . mild with light fluffy snow falling . . making me itch to be on a ski slope . . . . as I read my NY Times at Bass Brothers [Starbucks next door was full] . . . I had an interesting contrast – on one side of me was a couple meeting for the first time . . music appreciation clearly their common bond . . she was nervous, he was petrified . . but they seemed to be hitting it off . . . ; on the other side a married couple ‘bout my age . . she was scrumptious and he clearly has forgotten that . . . they were reading papers together . . and she mentioned a cruise, his reply was concerned more with the cost than any observation of her expression . . delight declining to . . to . . to a dimmer place …are we not like dimmer switches . . or tri-light bulbs . . . with 50w, 100w & 150w settings – how is it we miss the difference . . when someone’s 50w smile could be a 150w hot glow in an instant . . . just requiring a little sensitivity . . a little inspiration . . or perspiration . .

Mark
342,248

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?