Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

Tuesday Nov. 8, 2005 - Year 3, Day 233- those were trips

Gusta and I walk . . we go through the motions of waking up -2C / 28F under star-lit moonless clear sky . . . thoughts of walking a beach on my brain

my daughter Krista [kk] is excited; she got the job she was seeking in Edmonton . . so she will be leaving Lethbridge later this month – big news !

about 30 years ago, listening to a radio show in the evenings while I worked building a basement rec-room – the combination of great music coupled with readings of Joseph Konrad’s writings took me away . . far away . . romance of the sea, images of exotic ports of call, all without leaving my basement – those were trips !

when on vacation I ponder the differences between that & home; I’m wondering this morning how much ‘home’ is like vacationing – answer: not much, but maybe it could be !

playing with a zeal for exploration, relaxation, seeing new things, seeing old things from a new perspective could just as easily be put to work at home as on some far-off beach or new place

I wonder what I will discover today if I am looking ?

I wonder where I can go ?

I’m off to an early breakfast with JJ . . gotta run

Mark
342,128

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?