Tuesday, November 15, 2005

 

Tuesday Nov. 15, 2005 - Year 3, Day 240 - medical benefits

-9C /16F, overcast, light fog & frosty; my sniffing companion seems friskier than usual this morning . . . maybe it was the marrow bone she devoured last night ?

sometimes connections we make – the voice on the other end of the phone might just as easily be across town as 1000 miles away – can be completely uninspiring; then again, some are

we reach out not knowing what we will find; often surprises, sometimes delights, once in a while something life-altering, how do I know which is which & which is Witch ?

everyone I elect not to meet, as a ship passing in the night oblivious to what we might have seen & learned; while everyone I meet represents risk

I might get hurt, I might waste my time, I might get annoyed, I might be rejected, I might be ignored, I might mess with my head . . . or . . .

I might find joy, enlightenment & pleasure; I might meet a friend, find a lover, expand my horizons & find a wide range of needs are met in a new way

just as Gusta learned the best part of the bone is the juicy marrow inside, I think people are a similar metaphor for life – sometimes a stiff exterior, a durable outer surface designed to deflect harshness & troubles, with lots of wonderful stuff inside

ironically perhaps, when people have exhausted medical options, bone marrow transplants are their answer – amazing all that goodness regenerates & heals comes from the marrow inside a bone

I am writing a little later this morning; I started in earnest but phone calls & emails – each one seems to lead to another – have delayed me; quite a contrast of daylight if nothing else to be writing @ 9 AM vis-à-vis 7; an afternoon meeting ahead . . some rush ‘must do’s this morning spread out before me . . .

must motor now !

Note: for those who asked, there is a new beardless photo on both BLOG sites
Mark
342,936

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?