Thursday, November 17, 2005

 

Thursday Nov. 17, 2005 - Year 3, Day 242 - blur

-1C / 30F; silhouettes of chimneys & rooftops stand out now, as a silvery moon in the west & twilight in the east light the way

I sang most of my Toastmasters speech last night which gave rise to several members advising that I not quit my day job; clearly I lack talent, but make up for it with enthusiasm; on reflection, Frank & I have much in common . .

‘I’m supposed to have a Ph.D. on the subject of women. But the truth is I’ve flunked more often than not. I’m very fond of women; I admire them. But, like all men, I don’t understand them.’ – Frank Sinatra

months blur by . . .

familiar paths – like the one I walk every morning get me through the neighbourhood

others map my day; these habits, these patterns in daily life bring small measures of order into an otherwise chaotic blur of calls, meetings & tasks . . get me through this day, daily

these days & paths, habits, routines . . they get me through the days & weeks

weeks get me through the months

months blur by . . .

busy day waits . . . but it won’t wait long . . . meetings & tasks . . . blur

Mark
342,888

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?