Saturday, November 05, 2005

 

Saturday Nov. 5, 2005 - Year 3, Day 229 - I’ll do that on the weekend

everyone must have left early or be sleeping late; so calm & quiet this -5C/23F brilliant clear morning; Gusta [8 months old today] discovered snow lumps are a food group

my Globe & Mail is late . . whatever will I do ? how can I start my day ?

I think I should invent something new to describe that time between 5PM Friday & Monday morning – I think I’ll call it the WEEKENENDBEND, more of a slow curve turnaround devoid of sharp stops & starts than that of a genuine break between work & leisure

I say ‘I’ll do that on the weekend’ or ‘I’ll finish that by week’s end’

when does a week-end, when does a weekend end . . or begin for that matter?

it seems I always have a target of 5PM Friday, but by Monday morning there is always something I was ‘going to do by the end of the previous week’ staring me in the face as first order of business; the week/weekend/start of next one long ago ceased to be a separation

this continuum really works best for me as I mix work & play & things that interest – not stopping too long to say ‘I am alone with nothing to do’; no shortage of things I need to do, the by-product of having taken procrastination beyond affliction, morphing it into an art-form

more ‘free-form’ working - a couple of days for resting & reading & doing domestic chores, visiting with friends etc.

work is leisure, leisure is work, work is play, play is work; they blend together, usually in some degree of harmony

works for me !

for me a putzing around home domestic day + 3 files on my desk await ‘the calm & quiet concentration’ they deserve; or that was my rationale for not dealing with them yesterday; then off to a Toastmasters event & dinner later

Mark
342,176

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?