Tuesday, November 01, 2005

 

Nov. 1 Responses

Thanks Mark, you inspired me today., NL
. . .
Today was all planned. A pleasant day's excursion to the Seattle Art Museum, chauffering two elderly friends and my best gal pal to a Lewis Comfort TIffany show. Supremely pleasant and undemanding. I dodged into my office to check on a few details and push the day's alotment through the fax machine. The phone rang and the tiny holes in the receiver seemed to blow a tornado force that made my hair whip and tears stream from my eyes. Thus spoke Andrew. Unfulfilled expectation, new documentation, the total transformation of my day. Undeterred and unable to contact anyone to postpone departure, I started to punch the sour dough of my daily bread and attempt to raise it into a new and equally sustaining loaf. What was to be a light hearted trip with friends became a more arduous trek through truncated conversations, coordinated and re negotiated details disturbingly threaded through the visual delight of Tiffany and upscale lunch downtown. More calls, wandering through the Pike Place Market and exercising my marketing skills via cell phone. Approaching the ferry home the loose threads all settled into an acceptable pattern and my sour dough was remade into a fresh and nourishing loaf. Have a Nice Day! , CH
. . .
Hello my musing friend, Today you were exceptional. If I weren't so busy I would try to get in touch with you, but see you are heading out of town, I leave for Palm Desert tomorrow for my three weeks there. I will be back in Calgary for about two weeks after that, sooooo if you haven't fallen deeply in love and I haven't been swept off my feel by some handsome dude from California, maybe we two could meet. My best, GP

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?