Monday, November 21, 2005

 

Monday Nov. 21, 2005 - Year 3, Day 246 – impressions

calm, 4C /39F, Gusta experimented skating on the lagoon ice as we watched a glorious sunrise

since my first sales training at age 17 I’ve learned impressions matter, especially first ones

they mean so much in the course of dealing with people

often they are treated off-handedly [mea culpa] so that someone’s impression is radically skewed from a true picture of who we are or what we are about

interesting sometimes to re-think why we said yes, no or maybe to an opportunity, a social connection . . a second meeting . . a second date . . or a hotel room

I have many spectacular people in my life – the fullness of who they are could never have been understood at ‘first impression stage’ – so glad we gave each other a second chance to know each other

should I ever give a confusing ‘impression’ to anyone, this should clarify:

I have desires – want only opportunities
I have challenges – want only more challenges
I have needs – want nothing but to pursue getting them met

sometimes I need a second chance to make a first impression . . a deep impression, maybe an indentation - perhaps a permanent alteration to 1 or more lives will result

a week of venture, adventure & misadventure await . . . ta ta

Mark
342,792

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?