Friday, November 04, 2005

 

Friday Nov. 4, 2005 - Year 3, Day 228 - apple swapping

0C / 32F in my world as an icy film coats the lagoon like an abscissa on an ‘about to overflow’ glass , pierced here & there as ducks take-off & land; Gusta’s snout encrusted as she continues to plow every chance she gets; just 7 weeks till Christmas yet it feels like a spring morning – as we picked our way through snow-melt slush & patches of bare path

ideas – they jump out all over the place – sometimes we catch one going by, often we don’t; someone stepped out of the box, grabbed 1 of my ideas, made it better & handed it back to me on a platter yesterday in turn advocating for someone to give me a very nice assignment with loads of potential – thanks TH !

‘If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.’
- George Bernard Shaw

yesterday, a ‘turn the corner’ day on several fronts & deals + some ‘small world’ moments of laughter - as the crossing of paths by friends who have friends in common makes ‘6 degrees of separation’ seem like amateur hour

the notion of bringing ‘musers’ together is something I explored a couple of years ago, but we never did it . . perhaps it was too ambitious a plan involving people traveling substantial distances; I’m thinking of doing something early in the new year . . .maybe a Friday evening pot-luck in a community hall or something like that; I’d be interested in feedback . . .

Mark
342,200

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?