Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Wednesday Oct. 5, 2005 - Year 3, Day 198 - the way we were

-4C, brrrilliant clear sunless sky as we went out in the pre-dawn when only a band that looked like cloud on the eastern horizon; returning it was clear the band of fog had grown , the sun’s glow filtered through; Gusta getting used to the shorter leash - some tiny degree of discipline taking hold, or maybe that’s just my delusion

when you least expect it surprises happen . . . sometimes good ones [thanks GL]

I remain discontented with ‘the way things are’, striving to arrive at ‘the way things could be’

daughter Krista [kk] cruised through yesterday – a brief visit & a surprise; much news going on there . . . Carla [CK] wrote to pass on some praiseworthy work she has been recognized for; their father beams with much pride

at Area Toastmasters Contest last night, I came away ‘not a winner’ while fellow club member SW took away the trophy in the Humourous Speech Contest, advancing to the Division competition - congratulations & waytogo Sherry!

apologies for my spelling error yesterday; how Rosh Hashanah became Ross Hosanna, only my spell-checker knows for sure !

today’s ‘in-box’ surprise warrants reply:
with bittersweet memories of ‘the way we were’ . . . . to VP: I won’t publish your nasty note wrapped in a backhanded complement. While it might make you feel good to scold me in such a public way, publishing your ‘blast from my past’ will not happen. Don’t mistake ‘musings’ for democracy. I owe you a great deal for the help you gave me and for what we meant to each other for a brief time - but if I could repay you somehow, would you be able to just let the past be passed ?

Mark
341,920

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?