Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

Wednesday Oct. 26, 2005 - Year 3, Day 219 – tiny trigger

13C / 55F, strong warm breeze . . . we walked in twilight, Gusta got confused when the two rabbits she wanted to play with took off in opposite directions . . .

KT leaves this morning for Puerto Vallarta for somewhere between 4 months & a life time – a warm weather writer’s paradise & tranquility await – I’m jealous & will miss the daily connection

there are times our actions differ from our words, thoughts & ideas – then too there are times when long held thoughts, desires & ideas that have been stored can be sprung with a tiny trigger

recently I was approached at a function, discussion of PC politics ensued ending with someone saying ‘why don’t you run ?’

tiny trigger indeed !

this is something I’ve considered from time to time over the past 20 years or so, but always there was something in the way – kids to raise, a divorce to finish, too busy, not busy enough – there was always a ‘raison non’ . . . but in my belly this has always been a strong desire, it has always intrigued me, something where I felt I could do a good job, make a difference & feel effective

there are no ‘nerve/timing/opportunity/state of my life’ roadblocks facing me

KC said it best, ‘Mark, you’ve made the decision or we wouldn’t be having this conversation – you are just looking for validation.” . . perhaps so ; when enough research, cogitation & consultation has taken place, it will be time to decide, then act

one clear decision I needed to make is obvious one for anyone involved in elected politics, which is: ‘lose the beard’

so I’m beard-less this morning, something I’ve been 1 yr out of the last 20, mustache-less for the first time in about 30 yrs; looking more round-faced than I remember

I’d love to hear from any musers who might wish to support me & help in any way, in particular those living in the Calgary Currie Provincial constituency; I’ll be seeking your support

lunch with daughter Carla who is in town today !

Mark
342,416

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?