Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

Wednesday Oct. 12, 2005 - Year 3, Day 205 - just stuff

1C/34F, walking in the pre-dawn is surreal - so quiet, many homes stand dark in silence, then some lights come on here & there as snooze buttons are busy – my mind is far far away

I feel helpless trying to help anyone dealing with the unconnected behaviour of a third party, the impact of which spills over to many other lives, whether they deserve it or not

I work hard, I work smart, I word creatively . . . most of the time I feel worthwhile & valued, I feel I’ve done a good job for my kids, my friends, my clients, my community . . . but that’s just stuff, most of which has little deep or lasting value to anyone but me

the STUFF that really matters, the stuff that it is both hard to describe & inappropriate to talk about are those moments when you connect with someone – in this case with my daughter Krista – just to talk & try to figure stuff out . . to understand stuff . . to make some small sense of the senselessness

when no solution is apparent, listening is a great alternative

yesterday was 1 of those ‘stuff’ days

To VBL, sorry to have been right . . . I think men & women often fear being alone so much that they feel having that ‘next’ person waiting in the wings will bring them some sense of security, it never does; sounds like you are far more ready to move on than he is

Mark
342,752

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?