Saturday, October 29, 2005

 

Saturday Oct. 29, 2005 - Year 3, Day 222 - momentum

6C / 39F, fresh & sunny . . Gusta looking true to breed now as her coat thickens & lengthens . . . frequent vacuuming makes me a little crazy but watching her run in the wind makes it worthwhile; the neighbourhood rife with Halloween décor, Gusta doesn’t quite know what to make of it all, thinking some decorations must be animals to play with . . . whoa girl, whoa girl

at a recent Toastmasters meeting we went round the room to discuss our thoughts on competition & being competitive – which I am, unabashedly – it was interesting to see a number of cases where people I thought would describe themselves as competitive who did not; on the other hand, some surprised me with descriptions of just how competitive they are

whether we compete for a job, for some business, for the limelight, for a prize . . . or just for the minimal sustenance of life [as Frankl describes so well], the forces that drive us intrigue me – the energy levels, the adrenalin, the harnessing of them . . generates momentum

I like momentum; I like winning too & win or lose I get better each time I compete

this has been a great busy & successful week on personal & professional fronts . . . momentum . . energy . . . momentum

today I compete to win some business from an unknown competitor, a 2 way contest; my energy level rises, I prepare . . . less anxious, the week’s momentum keeps rolling

Mark
342,344

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?