Saturday, October 22, 2005

 

Saturday Oct. 22, 2005 - Year 3, Day 215 – do me first

-2C / 28F, empty sky lit brilliantly; dressed in fleece I was toasty as Gusta rambled - not a single car, dog, walker, bird or child in sight. . it’s calm, peaceful & energizing

amazing twists & turns in life over the last 18 months; a big waytogo to pregnant Lauren [LR] – she wrote to advise she & Mark are going to spend their freedom55 years raising a girl arriving next spring – that is so clever - the older kids can babysit

enjoying learning, not always enjoying solutions to problems, but when they are of my own creation I guess the thud to the solar plexus comes with the territory; feeling neither older or wiser, I’m reflecting today on events of recent days

I’m not good at everything

I’m lousy at some things

I’m really good at some others

I know which is which

I’ll try to be a better sorter

how much time do we have for the things that are most important & most urgent ?

how do we allocate the piece of ourselves it takes to do those things ?

I don’t do that very well, because there are always so many good things, interesting things, prudent things & potential personal & business relationships competing for attention – and I want to do it all; sadly the result is I often leave things that are really important unattended to in favour of things that thrill more or appear more important in the moment – each day brimming with more choices than I sometimes care to confront

wise counsel of friends & looking in a mirror for clairvoyance . . it’s hard to see past the ‘yellow sticky notes’ saying ‘do me first’ , so I’ve been doing some evaluating & prioritizing – quite a few things are falling off the list as ‘not important enough to stay on this list’ ; if my life, work, play & ambitions were a piece of film, a lot would be on the cutting room floor today

my table is filled with less paper, my load is feeling a bit lighter . . . the pile of ‘do me first’ is getting smaller . . working hard to make a pile of things called ‘do me last’ which is sitting just above the waste basket . . except of course for the accounting work sitting on the dining room table

Mark
342,512

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?