Saturday, October 15, 2005

 

Saturday Oct. 15, 2005 - Year 3, Day 208 - Wright stuff

a crisp morning & sunny, 3C/37F, as I dragged my tired body around our circuit – Gusta feeling much better today, by the time we returned I was pumping . . . nourishment & papers & java will keep the juices flowing

at 54 I could be looking forward, as many do, to ‘Freedom 55’ – retirement plans long in place, illusions of endless days of pleasure & clipping flowers & journeys to distant shores

retirement planners interest me; both the people who plan to retire & the industry that panders to them; focused so much on leisure & stability of income – not focused much at all on intellectual stimulation, economic pressures, time constraints, deadlines, complex challenges & demanding interaction with others – these are the things that we thrive on in our productive years so much that I cannot imagine ever achieving ‘tranquility in any form’ in my reclining years without a healthy daily dose of ideas, work, pressure & the need to think hard to solve problems . .

I love my work, love to work, live to work . . . love to play too

my weekend opportunity for R&R has arrived, but I am a little wasted . . I’m moving slow & need to spend a lot of time today & tomorrow catching up with the cup what runneth over; on a morning like this when I am weary from the week, I ponder the value of a restful long weekend [last] followed by a compressed frenetic 4 day work week – 7 days of work is more efficient to be sure !

I love the adrenalin flow, the challenges, the small victories, the opportunities that fall by the wayside while others come back from the dead, the interesting connections of people who know people who know people who connect with relationships, ideas & opportunities

“I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” – Frank Lloyd Wright

Wright got it right

many would disagree with his 7 day work week with office/studio in his home, few would take issue with his achievements except for the occasional roof that leaked & leaked & leaked

Mark
342,680

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?