Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

October 4 responses

I can identify with what you are talking about, i.e. things being scary. This weekend my daughter is getting married :) and I will be making a speech with my ex-husband (I haven't seen him in 10 years). When I agreed to do this a few months ago, I was totally okay with it. I am still okay with it, but I am a bit nervous/scared :( ! I know that I can do it, and I know that I am a strong person, that I am capable ..... and I am still scared!! I'll let you know how I do., LW
. . .
Mark, Ross Hosanna sounds like a nice fellow. I think you meant to write RoshHashanah! Or is the day known by several names? Regards, BM
. . .
Good morning Mark, I just want to comment on the challenges we face. The year 2005 has been extremely challenging for me. News of cancer in the family in early Jan, dealing with my grown children dealing with the threat of losing their father, the retirement of my much loved boss in June and the stress of dealing with a new boss with totally different ideals and a workaholic. It didn't end there, we had a not so serious car accident in early May and another serious car accident in late May, thattook away my car and my summer. In late August the death of my children's father and the funeral in Vancouver. I thought that my life would never get back to my "normal". Then one morning I woke up and it was over, I made a choice, to either let the stress take control of me or, and this is the one I really like, come out of it a stronger person. I did find out that I am stronger than I ever thought possible. As aresult, it didn't kill me, it did make me stronger, but the new person that has emerged out of all this is AMAZING. I now, appreciate each day, I do smell the flowers, it is like looking at life with new eyes! It is true through all the disasters that we sometimes face in life we do come out more courageous, capable & daring than we care to credit ourselves for. Just thought I would share my thoughts with you on strength and courage!, SdV

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?