Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

October 26 responses

Mark, "JUST DO IT" You WILL make a difference..you have my vote. L.A.
. . .
If you were running for office in the United States - in my area – you would definitely have my vote - and I could rustle up a whole lot of support for you. We need sensitive, thinking, caring, intelligent, honest people in office - not those run by lobbyists and special interests! LBK
. . .
mmmmm Politics... I used to be addicted. My interest in politics was formed during the years I spent working for the Canada West Foundation -- my boss and mentor, Dr. David Elton, was passionate about public policy, especially about how it affected western Canada, and he taught me a lot about the Canadian political system. TheFoundation was very active at that time (the 80's) in the "western alienation" issue (and softwood lumber -- it's been going on forever it seems) and during my time there I was given the opportunity to get to know some well-known, respected political and business figures, who had similar passion for righting the wrongs as Dr. Elton, including Senator Manning and his son Preston, Senator Barootes, Peter Lougheed, James Richardson, Jim Grey, Stan Roberts and many others. I felt privileged to listen and learn from these people. I was an active participant in the rise of the Reform Association and eventually the Reform Party and I was even asked to run but then I participated in a leadership convention and that was enough for me. Never in my life have I seen such a display of poor taste and conduct. I pretty muchknew then that I wasn't cut out to participate at that level, especially when such behaviour was just a normal part of the process. Naiveté at it's best I guess! Anyway, that's a very long story just to say good luck. I hope it works out as you hope. If you want help, just ask -- if I can, I definitely will., CC
. . .
Hello, My name is XXX XXXXX and I live in Houston. I have no idea how I got on your list but I wanted to let you know I do enjoy your daily musings. Do we know each other?, PMcK
. . .
Mark, I think a beard shows character and indicates wisdom., BB
. . .
Mark, I'm in Calgary but not in your riding. Still, you've got my vote. We've got plenty of politicians, very few statesmen. Go be a statesman., RH
. . .
Just got my power back on, Mark. It’s a wonderful thing! Minimal damage to my condo and the surrounding vegetation but having no water or electricity makes you really rethink a style of living that has long been forgotten…at least by me! Naples will take some time to recover from this one. Our well-built lavish homes were constructed to “hurricane code” so they faired well but the older homes of migrants and workers on the other coast are really in bad shape. I’m trying to piece together the details of a 2 day old story…when I didn’t have the luxury of TV. Thanks for asking…, LH
. . .
"Hi there, I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was so I know what I am talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!", Anon

Comments:
Great blog! I also have a site about 2005 photo skiing water
. You can check it out at 2005 photo skiing water
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?