Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Monday Oct. 3, 2005 Year 3, Day 196- a sign

+2C/36F, Gusta loved early morning slurry of snowflakes & rain . . a drizzly blur; we saw parents driving kids 2 blocks to wait for a bus . . a sign of something ?! when I was a kid, walking to school at –30F was ‘what you did when it got that cold’, not that it was that cold very often; when it was wet or cold we bundled up; it was democratic - everyone did it, while getting a ride was sign of wussi-ness, excusable only for illness or broken legs

my left foot hurts less today, so maybe that might is a good sign

a good sign ?

what a term !

our language rife with phrases conjuring mix of superstition, belief in luck or magic & some special ingredient makes me wonder whether belief in good Karma or good caramels matters

things I consider a sign . . are things that get my adrenalin flowing

things / events that get me interested, intrigued . . . like gasoline thrown on a fire; an immediate whoosh of intensity the subsides but leaves the fire bigger, stronger

this morning, this day, this week will bring many such opportunities to recognize a ‘sign’ when it appears . . . but will I notice ? . . . will you notice ?

I don’t think it is so much about sign seeing, but more about ‘opportunity witnessing’

some people see an opportunity & rush in
some people see an opportunity & walk right by

some people witness an opportunity, don’t recognize anything . . it’s just a drizzly blur

a muser wants to set me up with her mother

today’s pile of ‘to do’ things

I need to call someone about a sign today

I will meet some new clients – looking for a ‘good sign’

so many signs, so few directions – maybe I’ll have to ask for some

some time to meet new friends, clients & opportunities today – little time for lounging around; must get cracking & head off to a meeting

Mark
341,968

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?