Monday, October 10, 2005

 

Monday Oct. 10, 2005 - Year 3, Day 203 - justa sniffle

+3C/36F, construction crews hammer concrete forms together, weekend landscapers negotiate the last pieces of sod into place, it’s calm, Gusta watches quietly by the window as cars go by

I didn’t work one minute yesterday - it was a great day on the golf course with AW et al . . no crowds, good shots, perfect weather, leftover turkey for dinner . . .

aside from my contented smile, a leftover filled fridge only evidence company was here

today is a return to work day for me, while for many it is THE day to spread turkey & trimmings, to enjoy family & carve a bird

catching up on news – it seems that sometime in my lifetime, traffic congestion will abate; some strain of flu virus that hasn’t yet fully developed will give us a pandemic, a world population reducing event sometime in the next 10-20 years, or weeks, or decades because some poultry in Asia has a virus today

I have justa sniffle

I am thankful my turkey did not sneeze, though it did make me sleepy

I am thankful the world is not crazy, notwithstanding media & government surely designed to drive us nuts

I am thankful for hot coffee, a warm dog, a sunny day

I am thankful for my friends & for all of you

Happy Thanksgiving,

Mark
341,800

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?