Friday, October 07, 2005

 

Friday Oct. 7, 2005 - Year 3, Day 200 - whether it had happened or not

9C/48F – warming trend bodes well for turkey weekend; our walk uneventful

when I stare at a cloud floating slowly by . . or at giggling black liquid in my cup . . or at spreads of text in front of me, my eyes glaze over

I wonder, ‘what profound truth or message can I get from this idea, or that thought, or the feeling in the moment ?’ I try to focus on the matter at hand but thoughts & ideas flit in & out without asking permission; invading my concentration . . random . . important . . . or not ??

I wonder, which is of most value - deep thoughts or the fleeting ones ?

today my ability to describe what is on my mind is difficult, as thoughts do not always translate to prose but more as memory like a movie . . of experiences playing out in my memory

whether recalled or imagined, a challenge to put words on a page that come anyway close to describing the experience often escapes me; am I remembering things as they really happened or as I wish they had ?

a favorite quote seems appropriate to my mood today:
“When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the things that never happened.” - Mark Twain

9 of 12 hearing our ideas for the first time – hard to read them; yesterday’s day end meeting, a dozen people in a room; like an excited schoolboy delivering my pitch - all pretence of prepared speech or agenda out the window; we just talked

we talked about issues & ideas, brainstorming how teaming effectively is critical to any chance of competitive success; I think we are going to do some interesting things together – hard to read a room of strangers

maybe we had a great meeting . . or maybe not, but I remember it being great

tic toc . . work waits

Mark
341,872

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?