Friday, October 28, 2005

 

Friday Oct. 28, 2005 - Year 3, Day 221 – driven by desire

mitten time now, -5C / 25 F this morning, clear sky; our walk serine – disturbed only by yappy lap dogs roaming back yards

running on adrenaline works for a while, but then it’s just time to crash, which I did last night about 8:30

it was nice to bump into NP yesterday – nice to see you after such a long time !

a question I am going to be asking a lot of people over the next few months, especially in Calgary Currie, is this one: ‘if you could change anything about how our provincial government operates, what would it be & what would success look like for you ?’

which of course begs a bigger question, one for each of us in our own lives:
‘what does success look like for you ? . . for me ? ’

I don’t wrestle with that one, but I reflect on it when I pull out that list of desires & talents that Chopra encouraged me to keep when I read ‘The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success’; I did mine about 12 years ago

I realize – as I do this – I have not shared these lists with very many people, perhaps 5 or 6 along the way

maybe it’s time

I found making a list was a very empowering thing, hard to do . . but well worth it

I encourage you to try it

just write down some things that represent your inner-most desires & your talents.

then look at it again in a day, a week or a month – decide if it is still relevant, if there are important things missing . . if priorities are appropriately placed

my list took several months to resolve to a point where I felt it reflected me & those things that drive me

I’ve changed precious little since then – but it is still an important reminder for me when I look at it regularly, as compass, conscience & reminder – especially on those days when I get down on myself when I need a reminder of who I am & what I strive for

My desires:
To change the world a little
To have challenging creative work to do
To be rich with great friendships
To have laughter every day
To have someone to love
To be loved
To have a refreshing sleep
To spend time enjoying my family
To have fitness & health
To write and publish books, articles & a play
To create a great building
To enjoy financial security
To plan & build a great home
To spend time golfing

My unique talents:
I never give up !
I am creative
I am good at identifying and solving problems
I am effective at seeing the big picture . .and relating to small decisions
I am a very effective negotiator
I am good at developing business ideas
I am skilful in helping people solve business problems
I am perceptive, sensitive and insightful
I am a caring and capable lover
I am a great parent
I am a good writer
I am compassionate
I am a good friend

I’ve had a great long sleep, leftover pizza [all the food groups represented] for breakfast, jolt of java & I am ready to rock ‘n roll

have a great day using your talents to achieve your desires

Mark
342,368

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?